[Banshee-List] Using iPod Touch to cleanly populate Banshee?

I've moved my daughter over to Linux Mint but her laptop and iPod Touch are
out of sync. I would like to repopulate her local laptop files with music
that's on her Touch. Mint/Banshee sees her Touch, but we have been reluctant
to let it automatically sync in the event that her local music updates her
Touch, instead of the other way around.

What's the safest way to make it so that the Touch is the master?