Re: [Banshee-List] Seems there's no extension that can auto rename music files via tags?

But I still don't like the tree structure, and it can't be disabled
from Preferences. Is it safe to delete the key
/apps/banshee-1/library/folder_pattern  to disable this?

I'm not too sure what deleting the key would do, but I doubt it would have the effect that you want. The best option would be to set it it the folder patern that you're trying to achieve.

Am I right in assuming that you don't want any folders at all? If that's the case, just setting the value to blank should do it (although I certainly wouldn't reccommend doing that).