Re: [Banshee-List] Seems there's no extension that can auto rename music files via tags?

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 5:22 PM, Steven Côté <steven cote gmail com> wrote:
> There isn't a specific extension that does this, but the functionality is
> built into Banshee. In Preferences->General, you can tick the "Update file
> and folder names" option and all the files in your collection will be
> renamed according to their metadata. You can specify the directory and file
> format under the Preferences->SourceSpecific tab. It takes the form of a
> drop down rather than a formatting string, but all the sensible combinations
> are there, so it's not really a bother.

Yes I have noticed this option before but it does make any change to
these files. I've tested it again and again but it just didn't work
out, I don't know why. And, according to the "Folder Hierarchy" under
SourceSpecific tab literally, it would maintain a tree structure to
categorize files, which also doesn't see the changes. However, I
usually put all the music files under a single folder in a NTFS
partition so I can enjoy them under Windows, too.

After all, I still have this problem :(