Re: [Banshee-List] New 'How-to' guide

On Thu, 2010-05-20 at 14:27 +1000, Albert Krawczyk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm writing up a new guide that can be put up on the Banshee website.
> Currently I have the following - which is very much a work in progress - I'm
> just looking at feedback from people about if this is the style of guide
> they are looking for; and what other areas of Banshee do you want documented
> for new users?
>
> Thanks,
> Albert
>
> Now for the guide bit:
> Installing
> On Ubuntu look for "Banshee" in the "Ubuntu Software Centre" or from the
> command line type "sudo apt-get install banshee"

<snip>

Hi Albert,

Thanks for starting work on this.  I've also been working on user help
for Banshee.  This would hopefully replace the user guide on the website
or can be ported fairly easily (I believe) to the web.  It's available
in Banshee's git repo in the docs branch.  You can check it out by
running:

$ git clone git://git.gnome.org/banshee
$ cd banshee
$ git checkout -b docs origin/docs

Then run:

yelp /home/user/yourgitbranchdirectory/help/C

And Yelp will display the new help.

We've planned the topics on the GNOME wiki at
http://live.gnome.org/DocumentationProject/Planning/BansheePlanning and
I've been slowly writing the help pages over the last few weeks and hope
to have a final draft in about 2-3 weeks.

I would love any help!  Plain text accepted and I'm happy to do the
Mallard markup too.  I would be more than happy to work together to
avoid duplication of efforts.

If you have any questions please feel free to drop me an email or you
can find me on GIMPNet IRC in #banshee or #docs.

Paul