Re: [Banshee-List] Playback issues with 1.6 on SLED11

I tried the --debug and it didn't show anything useful!

[1 Debug 12:46:26.349] Player state change: Idle -> Loading
[1 Debug 12:46:26.464] Player state change: Loading -> Loaded
[1 Debug 12:46:26.559] Player state change: Loaded -> Playing
[1 Debug 12:46:26.651] Creating Pango.Layout, configuring
Cairo.Context
[1 Debug 12:46:26.651] Creating Pango.Layout, configuring
Cairo.Context
[1 Debug 12:46:27.698] TrackInfoDisplay RenderAnimation: 26.00 FPS

----------------------------
Mark Robinson

NDS8
Novell Platinum Solution Provider

Mobile: +44 (0) 7900 570 400
Office: +44 (0) 131 538 8202
Fax: +44 (0) 131 453 6522

www.nds8.co.uk

>>> On 03 May, 2010 at 11:28 AM, in message
<4BDEB374020000AD00035715 mail2 nds8 com>, "Mark Robinson"
<Mark Robinson nds8 co uk> wrote:
> Yes, VLC can play the files, Totem can play the album I imported
using
> Banshee!
>
> I'm running the SLED 11 gstreamer versions (patches applied).
>
> I can't think of anything I have done to Banshee.  I've even removed

> ~/.config/banshee-1
> Any other config I can clean up?
>
> Mark
>

> ----------------------------
> Mark Robinson
>
> NDS8
> Novell Platinum Solution Provider
>
> Mobile: +44 (0) 7900 570 400
> Office: +44 (0) 131 538 8202
> Fax: +44 (0) 131 453 6522
>
> www.nds8.co.uk

> <AANLkTilIsMNrTSSH0OQ6vcLER0nb9kHb-nExSyiiJHVv mail gmail com>,
> Michael
> Martin-Smucker <mlmartin13 gmail com> wrote:
> > Very strange!  Do other audio/video players work?  Can you play the

> same
> > songs using Totem instead of Banshee?  Running Banshee from
Terminal
> with
> > the command 'banshee --debug' will enable extra debug information,

> which
> > might be useful.  Also, do you know what version of gstreamer you
are
> using
> > and which gstreamer plugins you have installed?
> >
> > Assuming you didn't do any special configuration that may have
broken

> > Banshee, it would seem like Banshee's bug tracker might be a good
> place to
> > talk about this issue.  Feel free to open a new report, following
the

> > instructions here:
> http://www.banshee-project.org/contribute/file-bugs
> >
> > Michael
> >
> > On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 5:36 PM, Mark Robinson
> <Mark Robinson nds8 co uk>wrote:
> >
> > > Hi All.
> > >
> > > I have just upgraded to 1.6 using the repo on opensuse.  I am
> running
> > > SLED11 x86_64.
> > >
> > > I cannot get Banshee to play anything at all :-(
> > >
> > > I imported my iTunes library.  The songs import fine, but when I

> select
> > > a track to play, the playing icon appears in the track listing,
the

> > > track appears OK in the notification area, but it doesn't play
> anything.
> > >  The track time never moves from 0:00.  I have tried mp3s with
the
> same
> > > effect.  I emptied my library and imported a CD to ogg format -
> same
> > > problem!  Trying to play a track directly from a CD causes
Banshee