Re: [Banshee-List] Playback issues with 1.6 on SLED11

Yes, VLC can play the files, Totem can play the album I imported using
Banshee!

I'm running the SLED 11 gstreamer versions (patches applied).

I can't think of anything I have done to Banshee.  I've even removed
~/.config/banshee-1
Any other config I can clean up?

Mark

----------------------------
Mark Robinson

NDS8
Novell Platinum Solution Provider

Mobile: +44 (0) 7900 570 400
Office: +44 (0) 131 538 8202
Fax: +44 (0) 131 453 6522

www.nds8.co.uk

>>> On 03 May, 2010 at 12:23 AM, in message
<AANLkTilIsMNrTSSH0OQ6vcLER0nb9kHb-nExSyiiJHVv mail gmail com>,
Michael

http://www.banshee-project.org/contribute/file-bugs

<Mark Robinson nds8 co uk>wrote:

> > Hi All.
> >
> > I have just upgraded to 1.6 using the repo on opensuse.  I am
running
> > SLED11 x86_64.
> >
> > I cannot get Banshee to play anything at all :-(
> >
> > I imported my iTunes library.  The songs import fine, but when I
select
> > a track to play, the playing icon appears in the track listing, the

> > track appears OK in the notification area, but it doesn't play
anything.
> >  The track time never moves from 0:00.  I have tried mp3s with the
same
> > effect.  I emptied my library and imported a CD to ogg format -
same
> > problem!  Trying to play a track directly from a CD causes Banshee
> > freeze completely....
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Mark
> >

> > ----------------------------
> > Mark Robinson
> >
> > NDS8
> > Novell Platinum Solution Provider
> >
> > Mobile: +44 (0) 7900 570 400
> > Office: +44 (0) 131 538 8202
> > Fax: +44 (0) 131 453 6522
> >
> > www.nds8.co.uk
> >

> > The information contained in this email is intended for the person
> > whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged

> > information. You should not copy, retain, forward or disclose its
> > contents to anyone else, or take any action based upon it, if it is

> > not addressed to you personally. If the message is received by
anyone
> > other
> > than the addressee, please notify the sender and delete the
message.

> > NDS8 does not accept responsibility for changes made to this
> > message after it was sent. Whilst all reasonable care has been
taken to
> > avoid the transmission of viruses, it is the responsibility of the

> > recipient to ensure that the onward transmission, opening or use of

> > this message and any attachments will not adversely affect its
systems
> > or data.
here)

> ***Scanned by M+ Guardian***

The information contained in this email is intended for the person to