Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee tray icon is invisible + media keys problem.

On Saturday 10,July,2010 06:45 AM, Aleksandar Micovic wrote:

> Hello everyone,

Hi Aleksandar,

> When launching Banshee, everything works except for the tray icon. Even
> though I can click on it and control what songs are playing, the icon itself
> is invisible. Any ideas? I'm running Openbox on top Arch Linux and using
> Banshee 1.6.1. I've also enabled the "Notification Area Icon" extension.

I'm not sure what to make of this problem, but...

> My second problem with Banshee is an odd one. I'm trying to map laptop media
> keys to control Banshee (since for some reason Banshee isn't recognizing
> them). I manage volume through amixer, but Banshee specific commands don't
> run. While an instance of Banshee is running, the command "banshee
> --toggle-playing" launches a new instance of Banshee instead of
> playing/pausing! Any help on this as well would be appreciated.

This problem is probably due to dbus-daemon not running. I'm not sure how to go
about fixing it, but Banshee requires D-Bus for inter-process communication,
i.e. for banshee --toggle-playing, banshee --next, and others to affect the
currently running Banshee instance. Without D-Bus, Banshee does not know that
there is already a running instance and will create a new one.

--
Kind regards,
Chow Loong Jin