Re: [Banshee-List] Alarm Clock

Hi,

On Tue, 2010-07-06 at 20:35 -0700, lordbah2 wrote:
> Can't find any documentation for the Alarm Clock extension. What should be
> entered for "Command to execute"? When the alarm time happens, what will it
> do - just hit the Play button and continue on whatever the current playlist
> is? Is there any way to set the alarm for only weekdays?

User documentation for the AlarmClock extension has been added by the
amazing Shaun McCance. It's available only on git master :
http://gitorious.org/banshee-community-extensions

When the alarm time happens, Banshee will just start playing, as if you
had clicked the play button. The volume fade-in settings will be
applied, so that you can wake gradually if you want.
The "command to execute" is just something that is run in addition to
starting to play. It's just a shell command that will be run as is.
For, you could start your coffe machine, if it's connected to your
computer.

There's currently no way to set the alarm for specific days only. I've
always wanted to add that feature, but I never got to it.

> Twice when hitting Close on the Tools / Alarm Clock / Alarm ... window,
> banshee crashed. But I haven't been able to repeat it since.

If you ever manage to reproduce the crash, please file a bug :
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=banshee;component=Community%20Extensions

--
Bertrand Lorentz <bertrand lorentz gmail com>