[Banshee-List] Can't sync Ipod

If I plug my Ipod in it recognises it and then I put it in manually manage
mode.  There's some music I wanted to add and remove.  Each of these seemed
to work.  When I deleted songs from the pod it warned me and then I said yes
and a progress bar showed what was happening.  Same with adding songs I
would drag the play list from my library and it would show what's happening
in the progress bar then I would unmount device and no changes occured.  Any
suggestions as to why this does not seem to be working.
Thanks RBH