Re: [Banshee-List] ideas for mirage moods/similarity features

2010/2/15 Gabriel Burt <gabriel burt gmail com>
Hey all,

I have been hacking on Mirage in Banshee Community Extensions
(http://gitorious.org/banshee-community-extensions), with the goal of
integrating it as a "Shuffle by Similar" option and a Play Queue Auto
DJ option.

I've been brainstorming tonight some other cool things we could do it
with, and I've posted my tomboy note:
http://banshee-project.org/~gburt/banshee-mirage-moods-similarity.html

Feedback and ideas welcome!

I've always thought that it would be great to do mixtapes with Mirage. Plug in a blank CD, drag a few tone setter songs onto it and have Banshee propose a whole CD with the same kind of songs. Sounds like a great way to get those pesky party cds made in a hurry. We could probably also collect data from last.fm to make the ft even closer using their similar artists thing.

- David