Re: [Banshee-List] making and maintaining a roadmap?

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 7:23 AM, Michael Martin-Smucker
<mlmartin13 gmail com> wrote:
> -What had we said about odd-point/beta releases?  Should the roadmap be
> detailed enough to include all the unstable releases between now and 1.6?
> Similarly, should the roadmap to 1.6 include features that have already been
> released in unstable releases like 1.5.2 and 1.5.3?  Actually, now that I
> think about it, it might be nice to have a broad 1.6 category that contains
> 1.5.x sub-categories.  This would help group new features by
> progress/completeness.

I think the roadmap should contain two categories of items:
1) Fixes and features that are in master but not yet released (beta or
otherwise)
2) Features and fixes being worked on (eg in branches, or patches in
BGO) but that we don't know when they'll land

> -What about bug fixes?  Should the roadmap include only new features, or do
> important bug fixes count as well?  Would something like "iPod support for
> distributions using devicekit-disks" belong on the roadmap?  How technical
> would we want the wording to be?

Definitely include important bug fixes.  I think the DeviceKit fix
would belong on the roadmap, except it's already released (in 1.5.2).

> -Are there any features/fixes targeted for 1.8?

No.

> Right now the categories
> are basically "1.6" and a generic "future."

Yeah, exactly.

Thanks!

Gabriel