Re: [Banshee-List] Combining Unofficial Banshee Extensions [was: List of third party extensions on the website]

Ok, I've figured it out:

Merging an external Subversion repo into an existing git repo.

In this example, I'm moving the Mirage extension into the
banshee-community-extensions repo.  The svn repo has files that
conflict with the git repo, and we really want it to become a subdir
in the git repo anyway.  So, we check it out with git-svn (as a branch
within the git repo), then we move its files to the subdir, then we
merge it into master.

# Fetch and branch the svn repo, within the existing git repo
git-svn init https://svn.hop.at/repos/mirage/
git-svn fetch
git branch mirage git-svn
git checkout mirage
git clean -fdx

# Copy its files to a non-conflicting subdirectory (the .copy step is
to avoid issues with git mv *)
mkdir .copy
git mv * .copy/
mkdir -p src/Mirage
git mv .copy/* src/Mirage/
git commit -m "[mirage] Move all files to src/Mirage"

# Merge the resulting branch into master now that it doesn't conflict
git checkout master
git merge mirage
git branch -d mirage
# delete the svn-remote section by hand