[Banshee-List] CD Text reading plugin

As far as I can tell, Banshee 1.4.x series doesn't read CD-text
(although it does attempt a Musicbrainz lookup).

Does the 1.5.x (soon to be 1.6.x) have this capability, or is this
where a new plugin would come in handy?  I would imagine such a plugin
just needs to grab the track data using cdda2wav/icedax.  It would
improve the usefulness for me greatly, since I have several
compilation CDs from iTunes-using friends that don't match cleanly to
Musicbrainz disc IDs.