Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee encountered a fatal error.

On Thursday 15,October,2009 04:54 PM, chaghaboo wrote:

> I had same problem and solve it by deleting banshee database folder, here is
> what you should try:
>
> 1. Go to synaptic and mark banshee for total removal, click apply to totally
> delete it
> 2. Open terminal and remove .banshee-1 directory (or any other banshee
> folder you find) from location /home/YOURUSERNAME/.config/
> when you enter the path command is sudo rm -rf .banshee-1 (or whatever name
> is of banshee directory)
> 3. Restart your system and install banshee again. I assume that you have
> Banshee PPA in software sources so just type in terminal sudo apt-get
> install banshee
>
> That solve me same problem you're encountering
Steps 1 and 3 are not needed. Just quit Banshee (right click on the notification
area icon and click quit), remove ~/.config/banshee-1, and restart Banshee.

Either way, the library migration issues (like the one for which this workaround
is for) should be fixed in 1.5.1, which is now in the Banshee PPA. Please test
before purging your music libraries.

--
Kind regards,
Chow Loong Jin