Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee encountered a fatal error.

I had same problem and solve it by deleting banshee database folder, here is
what you should try:

1. Go to synaptic and mark banshee for total removal, click apply to totally
delete it
2. Open terminal and remove .banshee-1 directory (or any other banshee
folder you find) from location /home/YOURUSERNAME/.config/
when you enter the path command is sudo rm -rf .banshee-1 (or whatever name
is of banshee directory)
3. Restart your system and install banshee again. I assume that you have
Banshee PPA in software sources so just type in terminal sudo apt-get
install banshee

That solve me same problem you're encountering