Re: [Banshee-List] 9.10 Device Support and 1.6 Beta 3

2009/11/23 mas1234 <msardello gmail com>

Two questions.

1.  I upgraded from Jaunty to Karmic, and now, cannot get Banshee to
recognize/mount any of my devices... iPod, Sanza Fuze, etc.  Has anyone
resolved this?  Did I just miss it somewhere?

the iPod is broken  because of the move to devicekit, however my sansa fuze works just fine with the new banshee. Please report a bug.

2.  It says on your site that 1.6 Beta 3 was released on Nov. 20.  I updated
my Software Sources, but it still shows that 1.6 Beta 2 (1.5.1) is the
current version... so there is nothing to update.  I followed all directions
for updating the ppa information and related terminal scripts twice and
nothing.

the banshee developers have little if any influence on what goes into the ubuntu ppa. Since this is an unstable development release though I would assume you'd have to enable the banshee-unstable ppa.