Re: [Banshee-List] Brackets (and String) in Title Ignored

On Sat, 2009-11-21 at 12:45 -0800, ScottMSanders wrote:
> Banshee seems to ignore or rather not display [brackets] in track titles and
> the string therein, for radio streams anyway.
>
> For example, the song Various Artists - Tibet [A Passage To.] appeared in
> Banshee as just Various Artists - Tibet, while the full string appeared in
> Totem, as it did on the radio station's website.
>
> Of course arguing for or against brackets and whatnot would I think be
> pointless for radio as one has little control over how webjays title their
> tracks.

You're right, anything between brackets is removed from the track title
for radio streams. See the code and comments there :
http://git.gnome.org/cgit/banshee/tree/src/Core/Banshee.Core/Banshee.Streaming/StreamTagger.cs#n325

I'm not sure, but this could probably be improved, maybe by keeping the
original title in DisplayTrackTitle ?
Would you mind filing a bug for this ?
http://banshee-project.org/contribute/file-bugs/

--
Bertrand Lorentz <bertrand lorentz gmail com>