[Banshee-List] Importing media

I am a new user of Banshee, and I have a problem when moving music between my
two machines, both with Banshee "1.4.3".
I have ripped some of my CDs on one machine, and it works fine. Then I move
the folder and file structure for this artist to my other machine, to the
library folder, and run "Import Media". The result is that Banshee imports
"Unknown Artist" and no album structure. And the songs are renumbered.
First I thought Banshee should update the db when I made changes in the
library folder and restarted the program. When it did not, I tried "Import
Media", but it fails. And as the wiki is down these days, it's hard to find
a way to solve this kind of problem.
Does anyone have a solution to this?