Re: [Banshee-List] No last.fm scrobbling in 1.5.1

On Tue, 2009-11-17 at 08:50 -0800, precipitous wrote:
> Last.FM scrobbling has been very inconsistent for the last few releases. I am
> using the latest Git Master and sometimes it (scrobbling) works perfectly
> for a few songs, then stops for a few songs, then comes back on. Sometimes
> it won't work for the first few songs, then comes on, etc...  Almost always
> the songs played during the time when scrobbling was not working all show up
> on Last.FM at once as soon as scrobbling starts working again. I have never
> been able to find a reason for this problem...

If banshee can't submit a track to the Last.fm servers (network outage,
server failure, etc.), it will save the info on disk and retry later. If
the problem goes away it will submit everything at once. This is in fact
recommended by the Last.fm documentation.

So my guess is that what you're seeing are probably issues with the
Last.fm servers. Welcome to the cloud ! ;)

--
Bertrand Lorentz <bertrand lorentz gmail com>