Re: [Banshee-List] Trying to get a generic player to sync with Banshee

Am Samstag, 23. Mai 2009 04.12:32 schrieb David Fox:
> Well, my prior mp3 player more or less worked, except it had some
> problems. It was an IVO Sound M620/4gb. That player stopped working
> last week, so I picked up a generic 16gb mp3/mp4 player from
> ProEbizLLC via Amazon earlier in the week.
>
> While I can automatically mount and copy files/folders to the device
> in Linux (so it looks and acts like a drive rather than mtp mode)
> Banshee does not recognize the device as nothing shows up on the left
> hand pane when the device is mounted through normal means (i.e., plug
> the usb cord in, wait, tell it to open the device using Dolphin).
>
> Any places I can look, or get more info?
>
> The device is here:
> http://www.amazon.com/Touchscreen-Player-Plays-Without-Conversion/dp/B001FB
>1NDG/ref=sr_1_37?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1243044204&sr=1-37

You will have to create a .is_audio_player file in the root folder of the
device, containing some information how banshee should store the music on the
device. Here a sample configuration for my Cowon S9:

audio_folders=Music/,Video/
folder_depth=2
output_formats=audio/ogg,audio/wav,audio/flac,audio/mp3,audio/wma,audio/ape,audio/aa,video/svid,video/wmv,video/divx
cover_art_file_type=jpeg
cover_art_file_name=Cover.jpg

there are some more options you can play with, they were discussed in a

Raphael