[Banshee-List] Suggestions (my 8 cents)

  Hello,
I switched many players in last years and I've been a Banshee user for
a while. I think it is a great player. There are some little
suggestions I'd like to give. I thought it was easier to post them all
once rather than googling and opening bug reports/feature requests for
all... so I'm sorry for duplicates! I hope I wasn't wrong :)

- It would be useful to interactively go through the artist list by
pressing a letter. When you have >100 artists a slider is weird to
use... however, many hotkeys are not combined with meta-keys (e.g.
"next track" hotkey is just "n"), so I have no suggestions for how to
realize it...

- It is not possible actually (is it?) to see a bigger preview of an album cover

- I made an "intelligent playlist" (i don't know the exact translation
in english, in italian it's "scaletta intelligente") with the
condition: filename string must contain "by Leo" (it is the name of a
subdir). However, if I add files in that subdirectory and I rescan the
library I still can't see the new files in the playlist, I have to
restart Banshee

- I miss the possibility to filter the current playlist by filename
rather than only by title/artist/album (I'm thinking of files like
"track 01.mp3" with no id3 tags that are in a folder I know the name
of)

- It would be nice to be able to drag the current track (i.e. the
title in the top) to a playlist

- Is there the need to ask for confirmation every time I cancel a
track from a playlist? I'm not deleting the file itself... maybe no
confirmation but undo function would be more usable

- I couldn't find a way to automatically fill id3 tags from databases
like MusicBrainz. I have to use Picard separately. Is this feature
planned?

- It is not possible to toggle the "playing" status by command line: I
had to write a script that first checks if the app is playing or is in
pause (banshee --query-current-state), and then chooses between
"--pause" and "--play"

I hope I didn't write only already-known stuff...

  Best Regards
  Eugenio Rustico