Re: [Banshee-List] Installation Error

On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 8:52 AM, G M Slater<precipitous media cox net> wrote:
> I ran the two commands before I ever attempted to install. Also, I have the
> build of 1.5 that is available in Jaunty's Synaptic already installed. I am
> trying to get the latest one, though, because I am experiencing some
> problems with the one I am running now...
>
> Another piece to the puzzle:  I have the build of the lyrics plug-in (0.7)
> available in Synaptic installed, but when I try to install the latest one I
> get the following error when I run sudo ./configure

> checking for gcc... gcc
> checking for suffix of executables...
> checking dependency style of gcc... none
> checking what warning flags to pass to the C compiler... -Wall
> -Wmissing-prototypes
> checking what language compliance flags to pass to the C compiler...
> checking for mono... /usr/bin/mono
> checking for gmcs... no
> configure: error: Cannot find "mcs" compiler in your PATH
>
> Does anyone have an idea as to what is going on?

Well, you're clearly missing a ton of dependencies.  Is the package
still called "banshee-1" on your distro?  If not, you'll need to
change the apt-get build-dep command appropriately.

If for some reason build-dep is still failing to get you the packages
you need, then just look at the configure errors and start installing
the corresponding packages.  A search for "gmcs" should find you the
Ubuntu package "mono-gmcs".  For your original error (missing gtk+
2.0) you'll need "libgtk2.0-dev", etc.

Best,
Sandy