Re: [Banshee-List] multiple locations for music folders?

On Wed, 2009-06-03 at 15:41 -0700, Timmie wrote:
> Hello,
> it seems that this program's gonna get Ubuntu standard.
>
> It it possible to have a library in many folders?
>
> I have one locally and a extended one on an external drive.
> It would be nice if the settings could refelct this.

Banshee will happily handle adding music from a source other than the
"Music library" defined, as long as you don't have "Copy music to
library on import" enabled.  Your Banshee library will then contain
tracks both in $LOCAL_DRIVE/Music and in $EXTERNAL_DRIVE, with the local
Music/ directory considered your canonical library.

Is this what you're after?  If you wanted to have two separate library
directories specified as your Music/ library, can you describe what
behaviours would it change, and what would happen when you had "copy
music to library" enabled and imported some music?