Re: [Banshee-List] multiple locations for music folders?

Christopher James Halse Rogers a écrit :
On Wed, 2009-06-03 at 15:41 -0700, Timmie wrote:
Hello,
it seems that this program's gonna get Ubuntu standard.

It it possible to have a library in many folders?

I have one locally and a extended one on an external drive.
It would be nice if the settings could refelct this.

Banshee will happily handle adding music from a source other than the
"Music library" defined, as long as you don't have "Copy music to
library on import" enabled.  Your Banshee library will then contain
tracks both in $LOCAL_DRIVE/Music and in $EXTERNAL_DRIVE, with the local
Music/ directory considered your canonical library.
Is this what you're after?  If you wanted to have two separate library
directories specified as your Music/ library, can you describe what
behaviours would it change, and what would happen when you had "copy
music to library" enabled and imported some music?

Hi...

I might be slightly off topic, dunno, but it would be nice if Banshee could handle symlinks in the library (as RhythmBox does). That really gives more freedom for the user while still keeping only one folder as a library.
Actually, this along with a previous message about compilation artists being "forgotten" made me come back to Rhythmbox.
I really do love Banshee, but if I can't use it, well... :)

'hope those two features will be available soon; I'll definitively be a  happy Banshee user.