Re: [Banshee-List] Re : building on Windows

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 12:18 AM, Vincent Lainé<phenixdotnet gmail com> wrote:
> My Wmp backend work for music (\o/) and at this point I have a question :
> Are you interested by this backend ? He is based on the Wmp ActiveX
> component. I know that Wmp is not open source and that is a problem.

I think we want to only use GStreamer.

> I'm working on a hardware manager based on WMI. It's a painful work but it
> still in progress. My other question is: Have you a hardware manager for
> windows ? I'm also spirit for mobile device but the COM interop for
> PortableDevice class is broken. I thinks the best way is to create a C++
> wrapper on top of COM component.

We don't have a HardwareManager backend for Windows - that's great
you're working on it!

Are you sure the COM interop can't be fixed or configured to work?
We'd definitely like to avoid any more non-managed code.

Gabriel