Re: [Banshee-List] ipod and CDs don't always automatically appear in Banshee 1.4.1

To reply to my own post, there is a good discussion here which fixed my
problem.

http://www.nabble.com/Gnome-CD-automount-fails-without-error-td15854352.html
http://www.nabble.com/Gnome-CD-automount-fails-without-error-td15854352.html

It reminded me to make sure that hal was polling the CD. Issuing this
command fixed the problem:

sudo hal-disable-polling --enable-polling --device /dev/scd0

It's also worth checking out the "Storage" and "Multimedia" tabs on the
"Removable Drives and Media Preferences" dialog under "Preferences" on the
Gnome menu.