[Banshee-List] Playlist support for Mass Storage devices (G1)

I am having a hard time finding any information about using playlists with
mass storage based devices.  The release notes with 1.4 mentions
"Additionally, playlists are now supported on media devices, including
MTP/PlaysForSure and iPod devices, and even mass storage devices, if
configured correctly".

Can anyone tell me what I'm missing?  Ultimately I'd like to be able to
configure Banshee to sync playlists automatically between my computer and my
T-Mobile G1.  Right now I'd be happy with just getting it to create the
playlists at all.  I hate the idea of managing .m3u files manually.

Cheers,
Jon