[Banshee-List] Nested directories ignored...

Is there a trick to getting Banshee to follow nested directories when
scanning your music library?

I have my music collection split between two drives:one external drive for
recent music and another external drive for archived, older music that I
have had for a while. I created two symbolic links to the Music folders on
the external drives and named one 'Recent_Music' and the other 'Music'.
Banshee will not scan those symbolic links. Yet if I point the library
DIRECTLY to the symbolic linked directory (like to Recent_Music) it scans
fine.

So I don't think it is an issue with the symbolic links directly but the
fact that the directories are "nested":
~/Music/
       song1.mp3
       /Recent_Music             (linked to external drive 1)
             /Artist1
                  /Artist1 - Album1
                  /Artist1 - Album2
             /Artist2
                  /Artist2 - Album1
       /Music                       (linked to external drive 2)
             /Artist3
                  /Artist3 - Album1
                  /Artist3 - Album2
             /Artist4
                  /Artist4 - Album1

If I point Banshee to ~/Music it does not go through and scan the two linked
folders. But it will see song1.mp3....
If I point Banshee to ~/Music/Recent_Music it works fine. But then I can't
manage my entire collection.

So - without buying another drive and combining the two (outside my budget
thanks to being laid off from my IT job) - is there a way to get Banshee to
work properly with nested and/or linked directories? Is there a special
formula for the directory format in gconf-editor banshee library settings?

I am running Ubuntu 8.10 with Gnome.

Thanks! :-)