Re: [Banshee-List] Crossfading and BPM detection

Bertrand,

I built from SVN trunk last night and played around with the new BPM feature.  Unfortunately, my results were disappointing.  I think there could be 2 reasons for this:

1. The GStreamer implementation of BPM detection is not an optimal algorithm.
2. The sample of music passed to the algorithm is not from the most optimal time.  For example, the beginnings of some songs can be very different from their middles.

Maybe I'll take a peek at it when I have some time.

Neil

BPM detection (autmatic and manual) is available in SVN trunk, and
will probably be in the next development release. See
http://gburt.blogspot.com/2009/01/catching-up.html for more info.