[Banshee-List] Using Radio Feature

I cannot figure out how to use the "Radio" feature on Banshee. I have added
at least five links to online radio stations, but nothing happens when I
click on the. Likewise I cannot add these files to the playlist as they do
not play there either.

So far my experience with Banshee is not a good one. I do not use a Ipod nor
do I ever plan on using one, so do not give a hoot whether it plays Itunes.
I simply want it to play music files, which for some odd reason it refuses
to.

Would be nice if there was a "user guide"