Re: [Banshee-List] [feature suggestion] library structure

I like the idea and have been searching for something similar to foobar2000's sorting possibilities for a long time on a Linux audio player (foobar-sort_incoming_files_by.png + foobar-sort_playlist_by.png).
As far as I know, only GmusicBrowser allows this kind of behavior.

Basically, if I sort with "%ALBUM ARTIST% - %DATE% - %ALBUM% - %DISCNUMBER% - %TRACKNUMBER% - %TITLE%", If foobar2000 can't find an "Album artist" tag, it will automatically search for the "artist" one (makes sense) then pick the tags one by one. It looks like "foobar-sorted.png" in the end.
The thing is: The user is totally free in his sorting options' crazyness: You want to order it by %composer%, no problem; %remix%? no problem; etc.

Another interesting UI I was interesting into (and I never found back in any other software) is the one Eudora had.
You have different columns title (date, sender, title, etc.); you click one, hold a modifier key (let's say "shift"), then click another one: Tadam, you're list is sort by the first column you clicked on, then the second.
Of course in this example, that means mouse centric behavior, but I guess this could be done with keyboard or other pointing device as well.

Just to mention. :)

PNG image

PNG image

PNG image