Re: [Banshee-List] [Feature suggestion] Make real use of "part" tag for classical music

Am Sonntag, den 01.02.2009, 12:30 -0500 schrieb Wade Menard:
> I hate to give a short reply to such a long message, but Banshee already
> supports TIT1, called "Grouping" as it is in iTunes and iPods. You'll
> find it under the Extra tab of the Track Editor.

That's great, but it does not seem to do anything for ogg vorbis
comments or flac metadata (that's propably why I didn't realize it was
there) - I tried to set it and checked with ogginfo and metaflac.

So at least this function ought to be extended to work with both file
types.

I am however not sure whether the "part" comment often used for vorbis
ist actually a good idea when ID3 uses an extra tag not for the part,
but for the grouping. (<rant> shame the vorbis list of standard comments
is so limited, no wonder everyone invents his own special tags for
common things </rant>). Maybe doing it the ID3-way would be better?

David