[Banshee-List] Multimedia Keys Extension No Longer Works

I am using Banshee 1.6beta4 on Ubuntu 9.10 and the multimedia keys extension is no longer working properly.  I have used my Logitech Multimedia Mouse as a remote for Banshee for several releases.  Now I can no longer use my mouse or keyboard to move in the play list or play/pause selections.  The play/pause button works until I try to skip to the next or previous track.  Is there something that has changed in the recent beta that broke the extension?

Thanks,

Mark