Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee Remote Plugin.

Daniel Holm wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just started a project to create a plugin for a Banshee Remote plugin
> and I need some help getting started.
>
> Is it possible to use http://audidude.com/blog/?p=49 for use of Python
> to Mono? I'm not that happy about learning three languages side, by
> side. Isn't there otherwise a way to run a python script using Mono?
>
> The python-script to the actual handling is already made by Nikitas
> Stamatopoulos (http://www.dartmouth.edu/~nstamato/android.html). I just
> want it to be better integrated with Banshee instead of having to run it
> by the side.
>
> Yours sincerely,
> /Daniel Holm
> http://www.danielholm.se

Hey Daniel!

This is not an answer to your question, but did you check Remuco
(http://remuco.sf.net) ? It's another remote project (mine :) )

It is written in Python too, and thus limited to the DBus interface for
Banshee interaction (always wanted to extend this interface but I never
felt up to learn C#). A Python based Banshee plugin would be the better
way.
So if you manage to get your Python stuff working, I'm looking forward
to read some lessons learned about Python based plugins in Banshee :)

Cheers,
Oben