[Banshee-List] Misreported MP3 device and a question

I happen to have this device:

http://www.bayconsumer.com/m620.htm (mine has no FM radio)

It is reported as a "D-Link 2GB mp3 player", but it works, and I can
send stuff to the device. It's actually a 4GB player, not a 2GB
player, although I can write to all of the device.

I recently found out that my device (although it's not supposed to do
that) will play OGG format files fine. On my desktop install of 1.4.3
(Ubuntu Jaunty) I have the software setup to rip CDs to OGG files.

However, when I drag and drop the files from where they are in the
Banshee listing to the "Dlink" entry on the left hand side of the
application screen, files start to move over to the M620, but they
seem to be converted over to WAV format first, (I saw evidence to that
by looking at the controlling terminal I invoked banshee from). WAV
format isn't going to be useful; for one thing, it takes up way too
much space, and thus defeats the purpose of having the songs on the
player.

But I can't find a way to set banshee up to not do any conversions of
the files it is transferring to the MP3 device.

--
thanks for letting me change the magnetic patterns on your hard disk.