[Banshee-List] iPod photo - not recognised in Banshee

Hi all,

I am having trouble with my ipod photo (30GB) and banshee.  I have trawled
this forum and to date have tried the following:
reformatted the ipod and updated to the latest software (although I wasn't
getting the new database error)
checked to see that I have ipod-sharp installed (at least I think it is
/usr/lib/banshee-1/Extensions ->ipod-sharp.dll and ipod-shap.dll.mdb.  I
even tried moving this file to /usr/lib/banshee-1 as suggested in another
post but to no avail. It is now back in the /Extensions directory)
podsleuth is detecting my ipod, but not recognising it, i have tried
podsleuth --update which made no difference.

--------------
Rescanning device [/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/volume_uuid_5C3A_076A]
Found an iPod device, but it is not known by PodSleuth:
   Error: org.podsleuth.* properties are missing
   UDI:          /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/volume_uuid_5C3A_076A
   Block Device: /dev/sdg2
   Mount Point:  /media/IPOD

   Cause: PodSleuth may not be installed properly, the HAL daemon may need
          to be restarted and/or the device needs to be refreshed.

   Note:  A PodSleuth debug log was found: /tmp/podsleuth-debug
          This file may provide more details or can be useful to
          developers. Please save it somewhere else and use it in
          a bug report. See http://banshee-project.org/PodSleuth
The debug file show exceptions thrown, but I am quite new to this
environment so cannot make head nor tails of it.
I think that Banshee is a great media player, but I am perplexed as to why
my ipod is not recognised (as it is in amorak, rythmbox, gtkpod)

Any help greatly appreciated,
Cheers