Re: [Banshee-List] iPod photo - not recognised in Banshee

2008/9/18 Offramp <the teasdales yahoo com au>

Hi all,

I am having trouble with my ipod photo (30GB) and banshee.  I have trawled
this forum and to date have tried the following:
reformatted the ipod and updated to the latest software (although I wasn't
getting the new database error)
checked to see that I have ipod-sharp installed (at least I think it is
/usr/lib/banshee-1/Extensions ->ipod-sharp.dll and ipod-shap.dll.mdb.  I
even tried moving this file to /usr/lib/banshee-1 as suggested in another
post but to no avail. It is now back in the /Extensions directory)
podsleuth is detecting my ipod, but not recognising it, i have tried
podsleuth --update which made no difference.

--------------
Rescanning device [/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/volume_uuid_5C3A_076A]
Found an iPod device, but it is not known by PodSleuth:
  Error: org.podsleuth.* properties are missing
  UDI:          /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/volume_uuid_5C3A_076A
  Block Device: /dev/sdg2
  Mount Point:  /media/IPOD

  Cause: PodSleuth may not be installed properly, the HAL daemon may need
         to be restarted and/or the device needs to be refreshed.

  Note:  A PodSleuth debug log was found: /tmp/podsleuth-debug
         This file may provide more details or can be useful to
         developers. Please save it somewhere else and use it in
         a bug report. See http://banshee-project.org/PodSleuth
The debug file show exceptions thrown, but I am quite new to this
environment so cannot make head nor tails of it.
I think that Banshee is a great media player, but I am perplexed as to why
my ipod is not recognised (as it is in amorak, rythmbox, gtkpod)

Any help greatly appreciated,
Cheers

What distro is this? Also can you attached the log file /tmp/podsleuth-debug. It contains important information on the issue.