Re: [Banshee-List] Problems with Surround Sound

2008/9/17 Beinan Li <li beinan gmail com>
mine works fine on a SB Live 5.1 External.
I'm on Ubuntu Hardy, with pulseaudio properly configured
I have had no problem in surround in any Ubuntu audio applications.

Forgive me for potentially being stupid, but could this not just be because music is recorded in stereo,
and so the media file only contains 2 channels, left and right. Which in turn are only routed to 2 speakers.
Perhaps trying a video file with surround sound would yield a different result.
Mick