[Banshee-List] Two iPods not working with Banshee 1.2.1 (ubuntu)

Hi all,

I've got two Ipods and much to my dismay both of them have recently stopped
working with Banshee. Firstly my Generation 1 5Gb (the original) ipod hasn't
synced with Banshee since the 1.0 release. When I plug it in it is detected
however it doesn't appear in banshee. Here is the podsleuth output:

Found an iPod device, but it is not known by PodSleuth:
   Error: org.podsleuth.* properties are missing
   UDI:          /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/volume_uuid_75A4_A0B0
   Block Device: /dev/sdf2
   Mount Point:  /media/IPOD

   Cause: PodSleuth may not be installed properly, the HAL daemon may need
          to be restarted and/or the device needs to be refreshed.

   Note:  A PodSleuth debug log was found: /tmp/podsleuth-debug
          This file may provide more details or can be useful to
          developers. Please save it somewhere else and use it in
          a bug report. See http://banshee-project.org/PodSleuth

The other Ipod is my wifes 1st generation 4Gb Nano. It worked well with the
Banshee 1.0 release until the firmware crashed recently. She had it restored
at our local Apple Store, however it now refuses to work with Banshee. When
plugged in Banshee tells me:

Unable to read your ipod.

You have used this iPod with a version of iTunes that saves a version of the
song database for you iPod that is too new for Banshee to recognise. ...

Your iPod is mounted readonly. Banshee can not restore your iPod.

Any help with either of these issues would be very much appreciated!

Thanks and regards,
James Fitzsimons