Re: [Banshee-List] Filter/Sort by... system is confused.

On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 9:37 AM, plainshane <plainshane gmail com> wrote:
> andrewski wrote:
>>

>> What's the "track count" set to for each track? Usually these sorting
>> issues
>> are a result of bad or missing metadata.

As Andrew mentioned, metadata could be the elusive culprit.  Check
some of your mp3's for double tagging.  For example, I've run into
issues where some of my tracks were tagged twice with v1 tags at the
end of the file.  For example, use the strings command to analyze one
of your mp3's.

$ strings 01\ -\ Is\ This\ Love.mp3 | tail

J/q:
X0aZ
-g%U
TAGIs This Love
Bob Marley & The Wailers
Legend
TAGIs This Love
Bob Marley
Legend
2002Amazon.com Song ID: 20254105

You can see that it has two tags.  This causes some strangeness in
Rhythmbox and probably others as well.

Pardon the shameless plug to my own site, but if that is one of your
problems, you can remove the double tags as mentioned in this post.
http://www.savvyadmin.com/rhythmbox-id3-tag-issues/

--
Gilbert Mendoza
PGP: 0x075DBCA9