Re: [Banshee-List] Type of replaygain support in banshee 1.3.1

So basically we agree that we track AND album replay gain.

So I will propose for banshee to let us make that choice  (I still do not
know what is chosen right know :-/).

If I understand well, the choice to either not use replay gain or use
track/album replay gain should not be hidden somewhere (as it is right now
in the preferences menu) but readily available like features such as shuffle
play.

Santiago-19 wrote:

> you are right! :)
>

> 2008/10/11 Nyall <nyall zombiepigs net>
>

>> > I don't see why album replaygain has precedence over track replaygain,
>> > i think track replaygain has precedence over album replaygain... it is
>> > specific to that track, if not present there use album replaygain.
>>
>> It depends on how your playing back the tracks. If you're just playing
>> random tracks, then yes, track replaygain should be used. But if you're
>> playing back a whole album, you need to use album replaygain or tracks
>> will have different volume across the whole album. This is a big problem
>> if it's the type of album where the songs flow into each other, and a
>> volume change becomes really noticeable.
>> That's why if you're only using one type, it's safer just to use album
>> replaygain. :)
>>
>> Nyall

-----
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice,
there is.