Re: [Banshee-List] Type of replaygain support in banshee 1.3.1

you are right! :)

2008/10/11 Nyall <nyall zombiepigs net>

> I don't see why album replaygain has precedence over track replaygain,
> i think track replaygain has precedence over album replaygain... it is
> specific to that track, if not present there use album replaygain.

It depends on how your playing back the tracks. If you're just playing
random tracks, then yes, track replaygain should be used. But if you're
playing back a whole album, you need to use album replaygain or tracks
will have different volume across the whole album. This is a big problem
if it's the type of album where the songs flow into each other, and a
volume change becomes really noticeable.
That's why if you're only using one type, it's safer just to use album
replaygain. :)

Nyall