[Banshee-List] MTP Problems - and is 4gen Nano any better

Hi,

I'm running Intrepid with Banshee 1.4.1 from PPA, and I'm trying to
get a Walkman NWZ-S638F and a Walkman NWZ-B135 going.

I've backported libmtp 0.3.4 from debian experimental - now both
Walkmans are recognised. Banshee hangs when plugging in either of the
Walkmans though. Banshee also refuses to access the S638F, giving
message 'MTP Support ignoring device', if I start banshee after
plugging in the Walkman.

I've tried this with a clean user account that's never seen the other
Walkman, with only the 638 plugged in so I don't know whats causing
it.

Is iPod support any more reliable - would I be better off getting a
4th Gen Nano?

Thanks

Jebw