Re: [Banshee-List] ANNOUNCE: Banshee 1.3.1

Awesome!

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 5:13 PM, Aaron Bockover <abockover novell com> wrote:
> We've released Banshee 1.3.1. This is the second release in the 1.3 unstable/development
>    - Playlists and Smart Playlists can now be saved to media players

I was just about to write to the list and see if anyone was working on
saving banshee playlists on the DAP, but it seems that it's available
in >=1.3 :)

So many people have asked me when my idea (sync device to playlist)
will be done (http://mail.gnome.org/archives/banshee-list/2007-February/msg00043.html).
I'm still getting random emails from people who read the post on an
archive page telling me it's a very good idea for a feature.

I wish I had the time to dive into the banshee source code and hack
around with it, but that will likely not happen for about a year. If
anyone feels the urge to tackle the problem described in the above
links, please do!

Keep up the great work :)

Chris

BTW: I recently revived my 4G iPod using the following two components

* 1.8" HDD to CF adapter (http://i18.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/fd/0a/e788_2.JPG)
* 32-GB Compact Flash
(http://www.canadacomputers.com/ProductImages/017776/122.jpg)

The total cost was about $75 CAD, which is less than the cost of a
replacement HDD.

The CF card was _very_ cheap because its got a sub-par write speed
(but it's going to read most of the time anyway, and the read speed is
faster than an HDD, so who cares?). Now my original 20GB iPod is
lighter, has a longer batter life, and can store more music :)

"Retro" monochrome iPods rock!