Re: [Banshee-List] Audio problem - pop noise and sync

On Sun, 2008-11-02 at 07:40 -0800, Sandy Armstrong wrote:
> dman777 wrote:
> > I just installed Bashee and I like it. But I have a couple of
> > problems. The audio is not quit right. When the song goes to another
> > song there is poping noise in the speakers like a buffer problem. And
> > even though I am just lestioning to music(not watching movies), after
> > awhile it seems like the audio somehow is not in sync with itself.
> > Can anyone help?
>
> Do you have this problem with Totem, too?  Sounds like a gstreamer or
> PulseAudio problem, and you should maybe ask around in your distro's
> support channels.
>
> Sandy
I'd like to add that there was a problem with old GStreamer packages and
the equalizer, yielding similar symptoms to that. For that reason, the
equalizer in Banshee was disabled for some time, and finally enabled
again when Banshee included an updated equalizer plugin within its
sources.

The workaround for the problem at that time was to enable the equalizer,
and reduce the preamp.

GStreamer packages now have since been fixed, and so in Ubuntu Intrepid,
as well as in Debian Unstable, the Banshee packages are patched to make
Banshee use the system equalizer, instead of the included equalizer. I
imagine it might be that way on other distros as well.
--
Chow Loong Jin