[Banshee-List] iPod not detected on Hardy with Beta 1?

I'm running Hardy - and the iPod shows up fine in RhythmBox, gpodder and gtkPod, but not at all on Banshee. When I run from shell, I don't see any error messages, either.

I'm using the PPA packaged versions, and also downloaded and compiled the tarball version of the release to make sure that it's compiled with iPod support (it is).

Any ideas?

Second question: is there a need for anyone to do clean up / fix easy bugs? I'm no great coder (used to be, but haven't written professional code in over a decade), but I'd be glad to help out with documentation or anything else. Where to start?

Cheers,
dersk