Re: [Banshee-List] [Banshee-list] Podcast annoyance

On 5/14/08, Matt Daubney <daubers gmail com> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
>  I've been using Banshee for a little while now and I've found an
>  irratation. If I add a podcast which has any characters that are
>  forbidden by the file system, such as :, then it refuses to fetch the
>  podcasts.

What filesystem is that?  My understanding was that most linux
filesystems allow any character except the null character in a
filename?

That said, ':' is the mac path separator, so it's entirely possible
that it's a forbidden char in the HFS+ filesystem, and it's probably
forbidden in vfat & ntfs (along with any number of other characters).

So it certainly is a bug, it just might be a bit more subtle than
"let's just strip ':' from filenames" :).