Re: [Banshee-List] 13 decimal places

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 9:37 AM, Allan Day <allanday fastmail fm> wrote:
I'm using Banshee trunk from svn (on Gutsy). Banshee currently tells me
(centre bottom of the window) that I have 11.1666666666667 days worth of
music in my library. This seems overly exact! My preferred format would
be 'X days, X hours and X minutes'. For example: '11 days, 2 hours and
14 minutes'.

My preference for the full string (again, centre bottom of the window)
would be: 'X items, X days, X hours and X minutes, X GB/MB.' For
example: '3666 items, 11 days, 2 hours and 14 minutes, 13 GB'.

What do people think? Should I file this as a bug? (I have searched
bugzilla for this, but couldn't find anything.)

I agree, as do a few others. There was an inconclusive discussion just recently, beginning here: http://mail.gnome.org/archives/banshee-list/2008-March/msg00087.html. I'd like to see more come of that.