Re: [Banshee-List] 13 decimal places

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 9:37 AM, Allan Day <allanday fastmail fm> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  I'm using Banshee trunk from svn (on Gutsy). Banshee currently tells me
>  (centre bottom of the window) that I have 11.1666666666667 days worth of
>  music in my library. This seems overly exact! My preferred format would
>  be 'X days, X hours and X minutes'. For example: '11 days, 2 hours and
>  14 minutes'.
>
>  My preference for the full string (again, centre bottom of the window)
>  would be: 'X items, X days, X hours and X minutes, X GB/MB.' For
>  example: '3666 items, 11 days, 2 hours and 14 minutes, 13 GB'.
>
>  What do people think? Should I file this as a bug? (I have searched
>  bugzilla for this, but couldn't find anything.)
>
>  Loving the new alpha, by the way! :)

I'm also using today's SVN on Gutsy. I'm showing something closer to
what you want. "1720 Items, 6.3 days, 7GB". There was recently a
discussion about how to break out the days, hours, etc. stuff here on
the list. I think gabaug stated that the decision had been made to
stick with the current decimal point idea to save space for other
items in the status bar area or something like that.

If we can figure out how to replicate your results, then it seems like
we have a bug to report. I wonder why I don't have something like
that? It seems highly unlikely that 6.3 is an exact number and not
rounded.

JSR/

--
Our Mission
Technology and Hospitality for God's Workmen