Re: [Banshee-List] OSX Support

I've been using Banshee as my primary audio and podcast player on
Leopard for the last week and it's working pretty well.

There's a screenshot here, note that this is running using the native
Quartz backend for Gtk+ not on X11:
http://randomrules.org/files/banshee-osx.png

I've pushed my changes to a git repo here: http://github.com/eoin/banshee-osx

My changes so far are roughly as follows;
  * Disabling the GNOME backend (added a --disable-gnome configure option)
  * Various dllmap and DllImport changes to account for both Linux and OSX.
  * Selecting the correct gtk, gdk and cairo libraries (x11 or quartz)
based on the current gtk target.
  * Minor checks here and there to account for not yet having some
backends (such as disabling Dap in the absence of a HardwareManager
and X11NotificationArea when running on Quartz)

Building should be pretty straightforward, some points to note:
  * I use the Mono installer for OSX from mono-project.org
  * You'll need to install a few extra build dependencies such as
intltool (I just pull them in using Macports)
  * You'll need to build ndesk-dbus and taglib-sharp
  * You'll need gstreamer
  * Configure and make banshee as normal ('autogen.sh --disable-ipod
--disable-mtp --disable-gnome')
  * Run making sure DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH points to your Mono installation

I can write more detailed build instructions if someone wants them.

Stuff not working yet:
  * Video playback
  * Last.fm playback (scrobbling and recommendations work)
  * DAP support
  * CD playback
  * Transcoding

As well as getting the above features working I'd also like to improve
OSX integration using the ige-mac-integration library by Imendio [0]
and eventually create an OSX bundle.

I'm light on experience with the Banshee codebase so help and pointers
would be greatly appreciated. Would the best course forward be to open
a bug and work from there?

Thanks,
Eoin

[0] http://developer.imendio.com/projects/gtk-macosx/integration